Trick or Treat Yo’self!
It’s Halloween and what better way to spend a cozy evening at home than with a warm pumpkin soup. I have the perfect (and what is even better – a simple 😉) recipe for such a delicious soup.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||30 mins||35 mins|
- ½ kg pumpkin (e.g. hokkaido or butternut)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 l water
- 150 ml heavy cream
- optional additions: ginger, pumpkin seed oil, sunflower seeds, pepper, chilli
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into chunks (or purchase it pre-cut).
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic, salt and stir constantly for one minute.
(and add minced ginger if you want)
- Add the sliced pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Add the water, turn the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and puree the soup with a hand blender.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup, the pumpkin seed oil/ the sunflower seeds
and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Did you know that pumpkins are…
🎃 a highly nutrient-dense food
🎃rich in vitamins and minerals but low in calories
🎃one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene
🎃 good for the heart due to the fibers, potassium and
vitamin C which they contain
🎃 extremely versatile, you can incorporate them into
desserts, soups, salads, preserves, and even use
them as a substitute for butter